The Cravings Games Task Sheet
Part One: Chapters 1-2
Standard Focus: The Cast Of Characters
Katniss– Is the girl who cares for her family by searching along with emotionally during her mom’s continuous anxiety. Primrose– Twelve-year-old sis of Katniss. She is the one person Katniss knows she loves. Rest of Characters:
Gale- Is the best friend and hunting partner of Katniss Everdeen. Peeta Mellark– The kid homage of District 12.
Haymitch Abernathy– A past winner of the Hunger Games from District 12.
Has an alcohol problem. Effie Trinket– The Capitol agent from District 12. She is excessively happy and chippy. Madge Undersee– The mayor’s daughter. Surprisingly kind to Katniss. Settings:
District 12– The mining district of the 12 Districts. It is very rough for people to live here due to poorness and hardly have enough to feed themselves. The poorest part is the Seam. The Capitol– Is the primary city where the Hunger Games are held. It is understood for its retrospective way of life.
Part One: Chapters 1-2
Note-Taking and Summing Up: Chapters 1-2
Centerpiece of Chapter– The Gaining, Katniss’s prohibited searching, The Hob trades, the memory of the death of her daddy. Characters– Wind, Katniss’s Mother, Katniss, Primrose, Effie Ornament, Haymitch Abernathy. Setting– District 12, Reaping Phase, Katniss’s House, Forest. Primary Dispute– The Reaping due to the fact that it detailed the primary characters from the others. Ideas, Sensations or Forecasts– I feel Peeta is going to be quiet but great further on as he is a little bit shy. Thematic problems being raised– Coming of Age, initiation rites, threats of an overbearing society, inhumanity,
Part One: Chapters 3-4
Note-Taking and Summarizing: Chapters 3-4
Main Events of Chapter– Justice Building, Boarding of the train, Haymitch punching Peeta, Katniss almost stabbing Haymitch. Characters– Haymitch Abernathy, Katniss Everdeen, Effie Ornament, Peeta Mellark, Peeta’s Papa, Madge Undersee, Primrose Everdeen, Katniss’s Mother, Wind Setting– Capitol Train, Justice Building
Main Dispute– The talk on the train since it show how tempered each character can be. Ideas, Sensations or Predictions– I predict Haymitch may sober up a little bit to assist the state of being a mentor. Thematic Problems being raised– Alcohol addiction, Rage
Part One: Chapters 5-6
1. The purpose of the Remake Center is to make the homages feel ‘appealing’ for the high class people of The Capitol 2. Katniss was stressing over what she will be using for the opening events since homages are dressed up as their Districts and their district is coal, so she believed they may have something absolutely nothing more than an eyesore. 3. The outfit is so essential due to the fact that it needs to be remembered and recognized so that they might receive packages during the Cravings Games from sponsors. 4. Cinna is exceptionally various to Flavius and Octavia due to the fact that he does not wear as much cosmetics and dress himself up flamboyantly. 5. The crowd’s response to Peeta and Katniss’s outfits were gob smacked and astonished as they have actually never ever seen two tributes on fire before. 6. Katniss methods that when she says’ 2 can play at this game’ then kisses Peeta is that she thinks Peeta is attempting to over smart Peeta since she thinks he is playing her to trick however she counteracts by surprising him with a kiss.
1. The roof is safe for Peeta and Katniss to talk because if they try to get away the Appetite Games by committing suicide by leaping off the roofing they would bounce right withdraw as a result of an invisible wall around the roofing system. 2. The training center is really various to District 12 because they have whatever to cater for your needs however in the Joint you need to forage for your own materials and construct your own devices. 3. Effie Trinket is an individual more matched to The Capitol as she dresses up really fluorescently and constantly has a positive tempo. 4. An Avox is a burglar whose tongue has actually been cut off.
5. Katniss understands the Avox from a time in the forest where she and Windstorm were searching and the Avox lady was escaping from a Capitol hovercraft and she asked Katniss for help however none was provided.
Part One: Chapters 7-9
Note-Taking and Summarizing: Chapters 7-9
Centerpiece of the Chapter– Training location, Personal Sessions with the game makers, the interview, Katniss makes peace with the Avox lady.
Characters– Caesar Flickerman, Katniss Everdeen, Peeta Mellark, Haymitch Abernathy, Cinna, Preparation Team, Effie Ornament, Rue, Red-Headed Avox lady
Setting– Panem, Training location, Personal quarters, Interview area
Primary Conflict– When Katniss shot the arrow was the primary dispute due to the fact that it let the Video game Makers understand that she was here to win and not to be overlooked.
Thoughts, Feeling or Predictions– I feel Peeta exclaiming i=his love for Katniss will anger Katniss and make her feel confused about what to do.
Thematic Concerns being raised- Personal privacy being attacked
Part One: Chapters 7-9
Standard Focus: Character Analysis
Chapter & & Page|Event or Description|What does this inform us about Katniss?|Chapter 1, p. 7|Katniss eliminated lynx due to the fact that he scared off video game. ‘… he wasn’t bad company. However I got a good rate for his pelt’|It reveals that she isn’t scared to ward off competitors for the benefit of her getting an advantage.|Chapter 1, p. 8|’However to be sincere, I’m not the forgiving type.’|Katniss isn’t a person to forgive since she has grown untrustworthy from her household issues|Chapter 1, p. 14|’However what great is yelling about the Capitol in the middle of the wood? It doesn’t change anything. It doesn’t make things reasonable.|She feels as though she requires to reveal her feelings straight to her primary problem however not in a subtle way.|Chapter 2, p. 32|’I feel like I owe him something, and I dislike owing individuals.’|Katniss doesn’t like to be in debt to others. She likes her independence.|Chapter 4, p. 49|’A kind Peeta Mellark is much more harmful to me than an unkind one. Kind people have a method of working their method inside me.’|She accepts kind-hearted individuals more than harmful individuals because she misses out on the caring fell as her dad passed away and her mom is in a deep depression.|
Chapter 4, p. 51|’The woods became our hero, and every day I went a bit further into its arms. It was slow-going at first, but I was identified to feed us.’|She had to conquer her fear of the woods at a young age to feed her starving family.|Chapter 5, p. 72|’Peeta is planning how to kill you … He is tempting you in to make you easy prey.’|She believes she understands everything however doesn’t believe that he is simply attempting to be kind.|Chapter 6, p. 85|
‘That I repent I never ever attempted to assist her in the woods. That I let the Capitol eliminate the boy and mutilate her without raising a finger.’|She thinks she should of helped the girl who got mutilated by the Capitol. She has an excellent conscience and has a compassion for others.|Chapter 7. p. 102|’I pull an arrow from my quiver and send it straight at the game makers’ table … Everyone stares at me in shock’|She does not believe in the exemption of the video game makers and how they can not pay attention to the tributes as they are sacrificing their lives, This shows she is short-tempered and defiant.|Chapter 9, p. 124|’I can feel my pulse pounding in my temples. It’s a relief to get my chair, because in between the heels and my legs shaking, I hesitate I’ll journey.’|She is nervous of her surroundings since she is not utilize to the attention and needs to relax in times of stress.|
Positive Qualities|Negative Qualities|
She watches out for her family:|She is suspicious:|
She is an excellent hunter|She is stubborn|
She takes care of individuals who look after her|She is untrusting|She’s learnt more about edible plants where she assist others also|She is sometimes defeatist|She is resourceful|She has a strong attitude|
She has a survival instinct|She is short-fused|
Sequel: Chapters 10
1. Katniss was distressed by Peeta’s proclamation of love since she thought it made her look weak. 2. Haymitch thinks it is excellent due to the fact that it makes her look desirable. 3. Haymitch’s last piece of suggestions for Peeta and Katniss was ‘Survive.’ 4. Their attitudes towards the arena are believing on how it is going to alter them and how they can stay themselves. 5. A tracker is a device that keeps an eye on the 24 homages. 6. The Capitol makes the arenas into a destination for tourists when the video games are over. This reveals that they are money-hungry. 7. Katniss’s is a gold Mockingjay pin.
8. I can infer that the woman from District 1 is a dirty fighter as she wanted to cheat by bringing a poison surged ring. 9. I can connect to Katniss’s anxiety. When it was my first day of Turkish school I started to
feel worried and didn’t wish to go.
Part Two: Chapters 11-12
Note-Taking and Summarizing: Chapters 11-12
Centerpiece of the chapter– Cornucopia’s bloodbath, starting gong, Screening of the first tribute deaths, Woman who lights a fir gets killed, Peeta’s betrayal, Finding the pond, Fire wall.
Characters– 24 Tribute, Cinna
Setting– The forest arena, Launch Space
Primary Dispute– Peeta’s betrayal against Katniss as he joins the Career homages gong.
Thoughts, Sensations or Predictions– I feel Peeta may not have betrayed Katniss but fooling the Careers to get to the end then accompany Katniss later on.
Thematic Problems being raised– Paranoia, Sleep Deprivation
Part Two: Chapters 13-14
1. The events that happen during the fire:
* Coat captures on fire
* Katniss starts to feel asphyxiated
* Calf charred by fireball
2. Katniss’s injuries as a result of the fire:
* Hand charred
* Hands covered in red welts
* Scorched calf
* Hair singed
3. When Katniss climbs the tree the career start to surround her.
4. The new issue Katniss has while up in the safety of the tree is she has no food or a place to get away and conceal.
5. The fire tells us that the audience likes action and threat in the arena.
6. Rue helped Katniss because she feels like she needs a mother-like figure so she helps Katniss to let her know that she wishes to be an ally. She might end up being more detailed to Katniss even more on in the video games.
1. The tracker jackers are so dangerous due to the fact that the can cause hallucinations and in major cases death.
2. Katniss is a brave person because she starts to cut the branch even though she would get stung and does not give up till she escapes.
3. I think Peeta acts the way he does so she doesn’t get killed as he really does take care of her.
4. My theory is the when she eliminated two tributes and got away shows that she is a worthwhile adversary for other homages. She is also a source of entertainment.
5. A bottle of water, another jacket as well as a bow and an arrow would be advantageous for Katniss at this time.
6. I anticipate Katniss will Hallucinate and pass out as a result of the tracker jacker stings.
Sequel: Chapters 15-16
Note-Taking and Summing Up: Chapters 15-16