Lord of the Flies Chapter Questions
Chapters 1– 2 Concerns
1. Ralph– The protagonist of lord of the flies, picked to be chief of the group of young boys stranded on the island, works towards being saved from the island Piggy– A smart kid however restricted due to his weight and asthma, called piggy against his will Simon– A shy boy who looks out for the younger kids of the group Jack– The antagonist of lord of the flies, head of the choir who later become the hunters, has an extremely savage nature Sam and Eric– identical twins later on called Samneric Maurice– One of the choir young boys, understood to be smiling all the time Roger– Jacks right hand man, really harsh to the younger young boys The littluns– A name provided to the more youthful group of boys on the island
2. The boys were on an airplane that crashed into the island. No adults made it through the plane crash while the group of kids did.
3. The conch shell that Piggy and Ralph find on the first day on the island ends up being a symbol of authority in their society. When you have the conch shell you are allowed to speak while everyone else listens to you.
4. We learned from the starting simply how violent Jack was, he slashed the green candle light buds for no particular factor.
5. Jack hesitates due to the fact that it’s not natural for him as a British school young boy to simply go around killing pigs for the needs of survival. Jack learns that you need to kill the pig for the means of food not just to be vicious. He promises that “next time there would be no mercy. “
6. The boys from Jack’s choir become the hunters; their job is to capture food for all of the boys.
7. Among the young kids thinks he’s seen a snake like animal that he calls a beastie; all of the littleuns are frightened of this so called beastie.
8. The young boys make a fire because Ralph chose that the fire might be a signal to kids in passing that there were people on the island. They make this fire by using Piggy’s glasses and the sun’s rays.
9. The boys prepare for rescue failed due to the fact that they didn’t strategy extremely well. They utilized too much wood to have a little, manageable fire, and they never thought of a method to control the fire to keep it from getting too huge. Most of the fire wood that they had found captured flame and the boys might not discover wood fast sufficient to keep the fire going.
Chapters 3– 4 Crucial Questions
1. Ralph is a little responsible for the failures of the group because he had all these ideas as chief that would assist the kids survive and be saved however he did not understand how to bring these concepts to life and motivate the group to contribute. He wants to make the group civilized but he can not manage all of the boys. Ralph was extremely idealistic and believed that everything would work and they would be saved.
2. Jack’s stay on the island has altered his for the worse. He came to the island as a sensible kid but now he has actually become savage. He lives for being a hunter and all he wishes to do is eliminate animals.He had a hard time with killing at the start today that he has actually successfully eliminated a pig he becomes ruthless.
3. Simon is among Ralph’s a lot of loyal and useful employees. Although Simon is a little a loner, he looks for time to himself where he can believe and sometimes this makes the others believe that he was odd.
4. He only throws the rocks near him since he was still under the concept that a grownup would punish him which he would have to serve the effects of his actions which he knew were wrong.
5. Jack actually wished to eliminate a pig and he understood that the only method he would be ble to do that would be if he had a larger group of hunters. So he takes the hunters far from enjoying the fire without thinking so that they can hunt together.
6. Jack painted his face as a sort of camouflage so that the pigs would not be as familiar with his presence.
Chapters 5– 6
1. The author shows us that Ralph does not like surviving on the island, he hates the concept of being unclean with long hair and torn clothing. Ralph becomes scared and begins to lose hope of being rescued from the island, he begins to believe that he is doomed.
2. Ralph normally attempts to comfort the littleuns when they are frightened while Jack thinks they littleuns are holding the group back so he wants to scare them.
Lord Of The Flies Chapter 5 Summary
3. Simon is trying to state that the dark beastly side of the kids is coming out, and that by being on the island they are ending up being more savage and animal like themselves.
4. Sam and Eric tell the boys that they saw what the littleuns call the beastie. It was in fact the dead body of a parachutist.
5. Ralph and Jack go to search for the beast since they understand that they should deal with the monster if they wish to endure on the island. By ruining the beast they would feel much more secure.
Chapters 7– 8
1. When a boar comes charging down the path Ralph throws his wooden spear and thankfully strikes the boar. It did not eliminate the boar, however it does reveal Ralph his savage side that he has yet to see. He enjoy his ability to injure a living creature.
2. Robert was messing around and pretended to be an animal and growled at Ralph. The young boys went crazy, first they were joking around however then it went out of control.
3. At the top of the mountain the three boys see something move. Ralph thinks that the thing they see looked like “something like a primate. When the wind roared the animal then raised its head and the young boys saw the terrible face. They boys assumed this was the monster on the island when it was actually the decaying body of the parachutist.
4. Most of the action in this book takes place at night since that’s when things are generally the scariest. You can not always see things in the dark so you’re more likely to be harmed then. The night can also be associated with evil, because evil things usually happen at night like how the beast is just seen during the night.
5. Ralph has actually started to lose hope in himself and being discovered on the island. He now has numerous worried routines like biting his nails and adjusting his hands. He no longer has responses for the others who need guidance like Piggy and the other Bigums.
6. Jack topples Ralph’s authority by breaking off from the group and beginning his own group where he’ll be chief and be able to make his own decisions and not need to listen to Ralph. Jack wishes to hunt more and plans to eliminate the monster.
7. Jack creates the concept that they ought to compromise a part of their kill to the monster so that they can keep him pleased.
8. Simon’s encounter with the Lord of the Flies is weird, he speaks to the Lord and he envisions a reply.As readers we do not understand if Simon is delusional, imagining things or has a connection to a higher being. The Lord tells him that attempting to kill the beast will do no good given that the beast is within all of the kids on the island. Through the book we discover that a few of the characters are great people while others might be self-centered and full of hatred.
9. The Lord of the Flies is the pig head that Jack’s group mounted on a stick, they use sacrifices to the Lord as if he was the beast.
Chapters 9– 11
1. Simon discovers that the beast is not a beast at all. It is the body of a dead parachutist, whenever the wind blows the lines of his parachute lift the body into a sitting position that makes it look as if the monster was moving and alive.
2. The hunters of Jack’s group were doing their routine dance and they then killed Simon. He was never able to inform them what he learnt about the beast. He fell off the cliff and was up to the ground below.
3. Simon and the Parachutist are dragged out to the sea.
4. Jack plans to take the fire from Ralph and Piggy.
5. Jack says that if somebody hinders his plan the group will do their routine dance once again and eliminate them like they killed Simon.
6. Roger rolls a big boulder and it struck Piggy who was holding the conch, the conch then shattered into a thousand pieces. The rock knocked Piggy over sideways and he fell 40 feet, and arrived on a square flat rock in the sea. Then the sea increased and swallowed Piggy pulling him under the water and eliminating him
7. Jack plans to hunt Ralph down and kill him. 8. Ralph chooses that he either has to battle the tribe or run away. Because he would never have the ability to defeat the whole group of hunters he decides that he must run from them.
1. Ralph was scared by the pig’s scull however he was also outraged by the sight of it. He struck the skull with his fist and crushes it. After hitting it, the skull pushes the ground gazing at him
2. Same and Eric alerted Ralph that the tribe is going to hunt him down the next day and kill him; they likewise state that Roger has actually sharpened a stick a both ends.
3. The tribe tries to hunt Ralph by rolling stones down the hill in the hopes that they will either crush him or make him run. When he would run they would corner him in the forest and then hunt him as if he were a pig.
4. Ralph was saved by a British naval officer who finally had the ability to reconnect Ralph with a civilized world.